Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Sensaria Citrus Cleaner VS Daisy Blue Daisy Breeze

I have had many requests for people to buy my Citrus Cleaner and I am not parting with any of them! I have used it in my laundry, general cleaning, stain removal, outdoor furniture cleaning and more. A past Sensaria Rep has joined a new company and one of the items they offer is a very good replacement for Sensaria's Citrus Cleaner. I am happy to say that I will be trying this product once my supply runs out! Here is the review that Sarah Gabrielson wrote for me to post on my blog. Come back and post in the comments if you ordered this product from her and tell me what you think!

Sensaria Citrus Cleaner VS Daisy Blue Daisy Breeze
By Sarah Gabrielson

I have been asked to do a review of these two “Natural” Cleaners. I have used both for many purposes and here is what I have found.

Laundry Detergent:
Sensaria Citrus Cleaner: It worked well as a Laundry Detergent. It worked great directly on spots. It didn’t always get out missed spots but worked moderately well. It had a citrus scent. When the laundry was done, the fragrance was done. It did not linger. It worked in a front loader but it did bubble some. Buildup was minimal when I did my cleaning cycle. Usage suggestion is 2-3 Tbsp per load of laundry. This worked for most people with sensitive skin.

Daisy Blue Naturals Daisy Breeze: Daisy Breeze is actually formulated for this purpose and this is where it really shines. Clothes are noticeably brighter, and noticeably softer. If you are using fabric softener, you won’t need to anymore. If you’re not you will love how soft your clothes are. It works great as a spot treatment, but if you miss one, it will most likely take it out anyway. The citrus fragrance does not linger but clothes smell fresh. It works awesome in a front loader and buildup was non-existent when I did my cleaning cycle. Usage suggestion is 1-2 oz (or 2-4 Tbsp) per load of laundry. I have never used more than 1 oz and I have a very large capacity washer. This works for most people with sensitive skin.

Hard Surface Cleaning:
Sensaria Citrus Cleaner: Usage recommendation is 2 Tbsp per gallon of water, wash and rinse. I usually used this in a 16oz spray bottle so I would add ¾ tsp of the Citrus Cleaner. It worked really well for sinks, and counters etc. It made bubbles when you used it for dishes and the water stayed clear.

Daisy Blue Naturals Daisy Breeze: Also works awesome in a spray bottle, so add 1 Tbsp and fill it up. You can add a few drops of tea tree oil or lemon juice if you would like too, but it is not needed. It makes everything shiny. It can also be mixed with baking soda for a 100% natural “soft scrub”. This works awesome as well. It will sometimes separate a little. Shake before using. It washes a sink of dishes shiny and clean. It does however, not bubble as much as you are probably used to and will make the water cloudy.

Fruit and Veggie Wash:
Sensaria Citrus Cleaner: I didn’t use this as a fruit and veggie wash after I noticed that it contained Propylene Glycol and synthetic fragrance.

Daisy Blue Naturals Daisy Breeze: It can be used as a fruit and veggie wash and it is 100% natural.

Hand Soap:
Sensaria Citrus Cleaner: I didn’t use this as a hand soap.

Daisy Blue Naturals Daisy Breeze: Works awesome mixed with water in a foaming hand soap pump. Go green and reuse one that had other foaming hand soap in and refill with Daisy Breeze for a 100% natural and safer alternative.

How Natural is it:
Sensaria Citrus Cleaner: Contains Propylene Glycol which is a derivative of natural gas. It is used because it is very cheap. It can be irritating to the skin and mucous membranes. There are many other “claims” to whether it is safe or not. Citrus Cleaner also contains a synthetic fragrance. I called and asked about it and there was no explanation given. Some companies will use a natural fragrance that is “tweaked” a little and it needs to be listed as fragrance. Sometimes things that are listed as fragrance contain Phthalates which have been linked and claimed to cause many things from obesity to cancer. Sometimes fragrance is phthalate free but again, no explanation was given to me when asked other than it is a synthetic fragrance and that it is not all bad because sometimes people with skin sensitivities can handle the synthetic version better.

Daisy Blue Naturals Daisy Breeze: Is 100% natural. It contains no parabens or artificial preservatives, no phthalates or artificial fragrances. It contains no sulfates, sulfites, or phosphates. It contains no silicones, paraffin or mineral oils. All Daisy Blue Products are cruelty free and gluten free.

Value:
Sensaria Citrus Cleaner: It retailed for $18 for 32 fluid oz or $0.56/oz. You use 1-3 Tbsp for most things.

Daisy Blue Naturals Daisy Breeze: Retails for $19.50 without a measuring cup for 64 oz or $0.30/oz. Usage is 1 Tbsp for most purposes and 1-2 oz (2-4 Tbsp) for laundry.

Daisy Blue Naturals Daisy Breeze is better than Sensaria Citrus Cleaner in all areas in my opinion. It is more natural, and it works better. It is a better value. The only negative I have found is that it turns the water cloudy and bubbles minimally when used as a dish soap. It still cleans but it’s just not what we are used to.

ABOUT SARAH: Sarah Gabrielson is a wife and mom of three young children. She started using Sensaria 7 years ago when a product worked well for her daughter with extreme ezcema. She later found the face system to be the only thing that worked for her sensitive skin and was hooked. She finally signed up as a consultant in order to get products for a reduced price and hopefully fund her dream to publish a book. That dream became a reality this summer with the release of her book Love God, Live Life - 7 Principles for a Victorious Christian Life in a Busy World. The book is now available world-wide on all major online bookstores and as a Kindle book. Since the close of Sensaria, Sarah has found Daisy Blue Naturals, a company that has 100% natural bath, body and home products. After both her and her daughter were able to use everything in the product line they tried, Sarah found her new skincare home.

3 comments:

Diana Khoury November 02, 2011 9:45 PM  

Thank you for this posting. It was very helpful. I have been researching companies, and plan to sign up when I find the right one. I was interested in Sensaria and disappointed to learn they went out of business. I just had a Daisy Blue party and am excited to receive my products and try them out for the first time.

Monica November 02, 2011 11:17 PM  

Let me know what you think when you get your products? I haven't run out of my Citrus Cleaner to try Daisy Blue out yet.

Anonymous March 26, 2012 11:26 PM  

Nowadays, many cleaning products are being introduced so that consumers will have more options to choose from. Among the available products for washing clothes or dry cleaning Monroe County are sensaria citrus cleaner and daisy blue daisy breeze, which are both eco-friendly and smell good.

Followers

  © Blogger template Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP