Monday, September 05, 2011

Why I Picked Beauty Society

I don't think I ever got around to explaining why I picked Beauty Society out of everything I tried did I? Well, honestly it was the most impressive to me in how my skin felt after using it the first time. It was that same feeling I got when I first tried Sensaria 7 years ago at my friend's spa party. It was nice to have that feeling of soft, smooth skin that just glowed! Also, when I started looking at the products in more detail I noticed how similar certain items were and some were almost identical! Here are just a few...

Set Me Free ~ I haven't done an exact ingredient to ingredient comparison but just how it feels and smells it is VERY similar to Sensaria's Balancing Cleanser. It is a gel cleanser that foams up and smells minty. I like it a lot and the minty scent helps wake me up in the morning when I use it in the shower. Plus, it gets this song stuck in my head which is fun too.



The price on Set Me Free is $29.50 for an 8oz bottle which works out to $3.69/oz. Sensaria's was $19 for 6oz which works out to $3.17/oz. The Beauty Society product might seem like a lot more but really it is only $0.52 more per ounce! I wish this item came in a refill but it seems like they were having too many issues with the refill pack leaking so it is on hold for now. I love that this company offers refills which means you can save 15-30% and feel good about being eco-friendly too!

Crystal Ball ~ This one is almost identical to Sensaria's Microdermabrasion Creme but it feels creamier to me. Again, I haven't done an ingredient comparison but it has the same volcanic micro-crystals suspended in a light blue lotion-type base. The really nice thing on this is the price! Crystal Ball retails for $34.50 for 3oz of product which works out to be $11.50/oz. Sensaria's retailed for $28 for just 1.25oz which means it cost $22.40/oz or about double Beauty Society's!

Our Little Secret ~ Now this one again seems almost identical to Sensaria's Advanced Firming Treatment! I don't know what percentage Sensaria had of the Matrixyl peptides but Beauty Society has 4% which is the most you can have without a prescription. I also seem to recall that Sensaria claimed results in a few months but with Beauty Society they say you get results in 2-4 weeks. Impressive! Sensaria sold theirs for $55/oz and Beauty Society sells theirs for $59.50/oz. The great thing is it is only a few dollars more and you get faster results plus you can buy the refill packs and save 15-30%!

Making Shade ~ This is another item that is almost identical to Sensaria's! I really could not tell a difference at all between the two and the great thing is that you get 4.5oz for just $28.50 ($6.33/oz) with Beauty Society. Sensaria's cost $25 for just 2oz or $12.50/oz which is practically double the price!

There were other items too that I can highlight later that will make good replacement items for your Sensaria favorites. I just need to play with them more and some I need to buy still too. However, in the meantime I am asking past Sensaria reps to be guest bloggers on my site. They will highlight one product from their new company that they feel is a good replacement for a Sensaria one and post their review. I have one to post tomorrow so look for it!

5 comments:

Jamie September 05, 2011 9:18 PM  

Monica, another point to note is that Beauty Society will also save you more in that you don't need a toner after using its cleanser as they are already ph-balanced. This means one less step in your skincare ritual and at least another $30 savings a year.

Monica September 05, 2011 9:36 PM  

Good point Jamie! I am sure there will be others that I discover as I use the products more too. :)

Brittney September 16, 2011 8:40 AM  

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts Monica. It was time to re-order my yearly supply of sensaria and my rep didn't tell me they were going out of business. I have about 2 weeks worth left of my sensaria cleanser. I love the fact that i don't have to use toner to balance. That is a great savings in the long run. Have you used any of their moisturizers? I used the one Sensaria had for dry to normal skin. Again Thank you.

Monica September 16, 2011 8:48 AM  

Brittney, I don't think any rep knew Sensaria was going out of business until about a hour or two before the general public knew. Quite sad really. What Sensaria cleanser & moisturizer are you using now? Beauty Society has a cleanser for dry/sensitive skin too which is nice but I only used it once to try it. My skin is definitely combo/oily. I do really like Beauty Society's moisturizer too and I really didn't think I would at first. It is a time release moisturizer and it seemed almost too much for my skin at first but after about a week it settled down and it just loves that moisturizer now. It is called Anytime Anywhere. I also like the other moisturizer which I use at night called Love Thy Face and it is geared more for your type of skin (dry/sensitive). Let em know if you want to try out Beauty Society and I would love to help you!

Monica September 16, 2011 8:50 AM  

Ugh. Typos. Let me know if you want to try out Beauty Society. :)

Followers

  © Blogger template Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP